As soon as we come back from the half term holiday, we are asking that you bring a copy of your favourite poem to your English lesson and read it out to the rest of the class. If you do not have any poetry books or cannot borrow some from the library, explore the POETRY links on the right hand side of this web page for some further ideas.
Practise reading it, so that you can perform your poem with bags of expression. Plan a short talk about your poem, including:
- anything you particularly like or dislike about the poem
- the features that make the poem special
- what the poem makes you feel or think about when you are reading it
- Am I articulating clearly?
- Am I speaking at a steady pace?
- Am I varying the tone of my voice?
- Am I using facial expression, gestures and body language to convey the meaning?