- Abi Alex Amelia Art Assembly Berkhamsted Berkhamsted Games Blogging Cameron Cerys Christmas Citizenship Creation Story Design and Technology Drama English Enrichment Evie Fable Fin M Fin W Food Freddie Harry Hastoe History Holidays ICT International Schools Izobella Katy Libby Life at Sea Life in Tudor times Lizzie Louis Louisa Luke Maddie Marlin Maths Meadow Melody Moneybury Mounts Myths & Legends Olympics Persuasion Physical Education Plague Poetry Project PSHE RE Recount Remembrance Science Ships Skye Snow Stuarts Thea The Highwayman Theme Day Touching the Void Tudor Day Tudor Food Tudors Uncategorized William Words of the Day World War One Writing Xavi Year 5
Our visitors by country
- Last day of term. wp.me/p1Qmce-Rm 3 years ago
- Even more Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rw 3 years ago
- More Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rf 3 years ago
- Some more Greek crafts from Greek Day wp.me/p1Qmce-R2 3 years ago
- Some End of Year Awards wp.me/p1Qmce-QS 3 years ago
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Today I watched my best friend being buried. It was horrible I watched as they laid her in her tomb. I had to choose the words to go on her tomb stone because all the other family members had already died. I wrote:
Goodbye beloved friend. I may be soon joining you in heaven. I am sorry for all the times I was mean. Date of death 26 October 1665.
Oh Diary I wish I knew what was causing the plague and hope it ends sooo. I still miss my poor mother. I wanted to visit her tomb stone today, but when I got to the entrance of the grave yard there were guards who said I couldn’t go in.
That’s all for now
Today my friend Alex the tailor died a week after he got a parcel delivered to him. There was a horrible black egg sized boils all over him and he was puking totting smelling sick. So we had a meeting to decide what to do and Rector Mompesson made us stay here instead of fleeing to Sheffield…..
People are dropping like flies. I mean only last month my sister died with terrible swellings and dark patches all over her. I still think we should of gone to Sheffield. We got food by people leaving food outside the village then we leave money in a tank of vinegar for them to collect. Anyway bye for today.
We.ve been here for nearly a year and a half. I still haven’t died. It must be a record, wait, oh no I think I’ve got the plague ….. ugghh [the manuscript ends abruptly with a large pen mark]
I did agree for the quarantine but because my younger brother died I’m starting to change my mind and I hate not being able to see my friend Hollie who was outside the village Eyam. She delivers our food but were not allowed to meet and I can’t even write to her or send a scarf. I was about to send before the plague struck first the tailor then the miller and then tragically my younger brother. I am so relieved that my mum had the plague but she survived. My dad died and me and my mum went to bury him and my brother August 13th 1666 my birthday! By August over three quarters of the people in Eyam have died. Me and my mum went to collect the food Hollie had dropped off in the morning there were many flowers on the parish boundary stones for people who had died. I hop I don’t die! Off to my friend Lillie’s house for her cousin’s funeral!