The second Oliver stepped into the den he heard the scuttling of rats jumping out of the way. Next the strong smell of tobacco and burnt sausages overwhelmed him. Handkerchiefs everywhere hanging up, on the table and strewn across the floor. About ten boys sitting at the table all smoking and drinking gin, they were playing some card game. The next thing Oliver noticed was a big presence sitting front of the fire cooking sausage after sausage. The little light the fire was giving was blocked by the man in front of the fire. The boys were laughing together joking about. Everything was rotten. The bricks, the wooden floor creaked under his weight.
- Abi Alex Amelia Art Assembly Berkhamsted Berkhamsted Games Blogging Cameron Cerys Christmas Citizenship Creation Story Design and Technology Drama English Enrichment Evie Fable Fin M Fin W Food Freddie Harry Hastoe History Holidays ICT International Schools Izobella Katy Libby Life at Sea Life in Tudor times Lizzie Louis Louisa Luke Maddie Marlin Maths Meadow Melody Moneybury Mounts Myths & Legends Olympics Persuasion Physical Education Plague Poetry Project PSHE RE Recount Remembrance Science Ships Skye Snow Stuarts Thea The Highwayman Theme Day Touching the Void Tudor Day Tudor Food Tudors Uncategorized William Words of the Day World War One Writing Xavi Year 5
Our visitors by country
- Last day of term. wp.me/p1Qmce-Rm 4 years ago
- Even more Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rw 4 years ago
- More Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rf 4 years ago
- Some more Greek crafts from Greek Day wp.me/p1Qmce-R2 4 years ago
- Some End of Year Awards wp.me/p1Qmce-QS 4 years ago