- Abi Alex Amelia Art Assembly Berkhamsted Berkhamsted Games Blogging Cameron Cerys Christmas Citizenship Creation Story Design and Technology Drama English Enrichment Evie Fable Fin M Fin W Food Freddie Harry Hastoe History Holidays ICT International Schools Izobella Katy Libby Life at Sea Life in Tudor times Lizzie Louis Louisa Luke Maddie Marlin Maths Meadow Melody Moneybury Mounts Myths & Legends Olympics Persuasion Physical Education Plague Poetry Project PSHE RE Recount Remembrance Science Ships Skye Snow Stuarts Thea The Highwayman Theme Day Touching the Void Tudor Day Tudor Food Tudors Uncategorized William Words of the Day World War One Writing Xavi Year 5
August 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Our visitors by country
- Last day of term. wp.me/p1Qmce-Rm 4 years ago
- Even more Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rw 4 years ago
- More Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rf 4 years ago
- Some more Greek crafts from Greek Day wp.me/p1Qmce-R2 4 years ago
- Some End of Year Awards wp.me/p1Qmce-QS 4 years ago
Category Archives: Alex
School uniform is something that divides opinion. Before Mounts went off to Croft Farm we wrote a letter to the incoming Headteacher to express our opinions and persuade her that the school uniform should be kept or scrapped:
Alex created a Tudor Rose out of sugar paste specially for the banquet. This was the end result of a Tudor ‘Great British Bake-Off’ special that Alex and his family recorded on DVD.
Sergeant: (Stern voice) Stand to attention! (Immediately they stamp their feet) Right lads, today were going into no mans land. Tommy & Peter: WHAT? Sergeant: That’s right lads. You heard me. Now let’s see if we are all here. Peter? Peter: Yes Sarge. Sergeant: Tommy? Tommy: Yes Sarge. Sergeant: (gets out paper) This is the procedure. Peter: Are you coming too? Sergeant: (stern again) We’ll worry about that later. (Holding paper) We are here (points0 and they are there (points again). We will charge to the wire. Then crawl. Any last questions? Tommy: No sir. Peter: No sir. Sergeant: On my command. 3…2…1 Charge!!
Sergeant Wilhelm: Stand to attention! (in German). We need to do this quickly. Let’s run through the register. Kiser.
Kiser: Yes Sarge.
Sergeant Wilhelm: Voexd.
Voexd: Yes sarge.
Sergeant Wilhelm: Right we are going into no mans land today.
Sergeant Wilhelm: Now stop talking (stern voice). We will have snipers on the move. No we will go through the procedure.
Voexd: Sir, why are we doing this?
Sergeant Wilhelm: Quit it! Now on my command 3…2…1… Charge!
For the National Poetry Day earlier this month we composed poems on the theme of stars. The entries were judged by a school panel of English expert. Mounts were particularly successful in the Year 5 competition:
Lizzie’s poem ‘ I have to Write a Stupid Poem’ was Commended by the judges https://mountsbridgewater.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/a-different-approach-from-lizzie/
Evie’s ‘Sun, Moon, Jupiter Revealed’ Was Highly Commended https://mountsbridgewater.wordpress.com/2012/10/10/star-moon-jupiter-revealed-by-evie/
Here is Alex’s winning poem:A Star is A star is a blazing light in the sky, Glittering, twinkling. A star is a shiny golden coin Bouncing in the Mediterranean sands. A star is a blustery light in the sky, Glowing brightly. A star is found in a trapdoor in the sky, Beaming down. A star is a peace of rock, Fired from a catapult, Into the darkness above.
While we’re in a confessional mood, one more secret from last week: My Secret My secret is made from the biggest diamond in the world, With tears coming from Henry VIII, Bits of volcanic rock, From the biggest volcano in the world, Drops of lava around it. It was found in a dark room underground. There was thunder underground. It can make gold instantly. At night it glows up. It has friends, Shooting Stars. If I lost this secret Even Mr Heritage would cry.
My Mistake I made a mistake when I left my brother with a loud firework and a lighter…. I made a mistake when I put the fish bowl in the freezer…. I made a mistake when I released the handbrake on my dad’s car…. I made a mistake when I taught the goldfish to play dead…. I made a mistake when I left the lion’s cage open….