- Abi Alex Amelia Art Assembly Berkhamsted Berkhamsted Games Blogging Cameron Cerys Christmas Citizenship Creation Story Design and Technology Drama English Enrichment Evie Fable Fin M Fin W Food Freddie Harry Hastoe History Holidays ICT International Schools Izobella Katy Libby Life at Sea Life in Tudor times Lizzie Louis Louisa Luke Maddie Marlin Maths Meadow Melody Moneybury Mounts Myths & Legends Olympics Persuasion Physical Education Plague Poetry Project PSHE RE Recount Remembrance Science Ships Skye Snow Stuarts Thea The Highwayman Theme Day Touching the Void Tudor Day Tudor Food Tudors Uncategorized William Words of the Day World War One Writing Xavi Year 5
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Our visitors by country
- Last day of term. wp.me/p1Qmce-Rm 4 years ago
- Even more Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rw 4 years ago
- More Design & Technology Puppets wp.me/p1Qmce-Rf 4 years ago
- Some more Greek crafts from Greek Day wp.me/p1Qmce-R2 4 years ago
- Some End of Year Awards wp.me/p1Qmce-QS 4 years ago
Category Archives: Cerys
School uniform is something that divides opinion. Before Mounts went off to Croft Farm we wrote a letter to the incoming Headteacher to express our opinions and persuade her that the school uniform should be kept or scrapped:
Cerys’s History project came back with a note from Henry about how impressed he was with her artwork and that she could perhaps be a rival for his great court painter Hans Holbein the Younger (c1497-1543) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Holbein_the_Younger
Today was just one normal dreary day of tired on board ship. It all started when my friend Jon when he tipped me out of my hammock that was full of disgusting slimy maggots that fell on top of me and some fell into my mouth. I screamed with horror from how disgusting they were, because I nearly swallowed Now I knew I would be late for my turn to clean up on deck if I didn’t hurry up and get dressed. As soon as I could I ran to get ready, but I got delayed for about one minute because the ship toppled from side to side. I found it so hard to hold on to something, but I succeeded for a few seconds then I slipped and bumped and crashed my way to the other side of the ship and slammed my head and nearly fainted.
Jon and a few other people who I didn’t know as well as I know now rushed over to me see what happened. They all had a look at the large bump on my head. One of them told me I might have to go to the barber surgeon with horror and my heart was pumping so fast, I felt like my head was going to explode like a bomb filled with maggot biscuits and sea water.
So they all helped me up to the top of the ship and sat me alone on such an uncomfy chair but it was the best you can get on a ship like this. Soon the ship’s captain stormed over at me and took one look at my bump and said I was absolutely fine. I was so glad I didn’t have to go to the terrible barber surgeon, but then he told me it was still my turn up on top deck today. I was a bit disappointed because I thought I had got out of that, but I guess not, so I went to get the mop and by the time I am finished I will be covered all over in rat wee and poo. Disgusting I thought to myself.
Spelling corrected by teacher
Suddenly I slipped and fell over. My leg had a horrible shooting pain through it. The snow storm had made it impossible to see where we were walking, I hadn’t noticed the edge of the crevasse I called to Simon “Help. I think I have broken my leg.” Simon ran across to me and yanked a rope out of his backpack. He tied the rope around my waist and pulled me to my feet.
Simon followed behind as I limped in the snow trying to get back to base. As exhausted as I was, I was still trying my best to get back. The pain was unbearable, so I wasn’t concentrating on where I was treading. In a flash I tumbled into a precipice. I was terrified what was going to happen next.
I felt something go loose. I shouted to Simon “What’s happening?” There was no reply…. I tugged on my rope hoping to get Simon’s attention. Then a few seconds later the rope fell down before me.
I tried to find something in the snow to hold on to but I kept on like a distressed bird with a broken wing. Then as I was falling my life flashed before me I kept falling back until my head smashed against a freezing cold ice cave.
[Spellings amended by teacher]